Tuesday, March 13, 2007

something like family (?)

i thought i had friends
in high places
i thought the flat smiles
on flat faces
were a good sign


but the flat teeth bit
at the hand that pet it
i now nothing more than
flat out regret it
seeing they just want me to flat line


and i'm so struck in amazement
don't know where to begin
eyeing all the black widows
and the bullshit they spin


'cause the webs snare at me
tellin me i'm bad and unwell
as i take interviews from
the foreman of hell


and he shouts
and i hear
and he scares
and i fear
as he openly condemns all my crimes


but i've learned
to keep clear
utilize
both my ears
and with time


re-alized
that i won't dance with the devil
for even all of his dimes
and that only cells of sticks and stones
will be repressive


don't feed me all your crap
you're about as open minded
as a beartrap
in the corner the meek's
about to turn agressive

12 comments:

Rivky said...

no way, this isn't a new post, is it? cause its showing up at the top of the live bookmark. if it is a new poem, its awesome as usual, but that usually means that your depressed so :(

s.J. said...

emmm, about half a week.

yeah, whatever.
if i could only explain what it means without divulging too much personal info...

Anonymous said...

oh.

Rivky said...

sorry. I'll interpret it like I always do (though it has been a while). the use of tons of literetary devices is amazing. it has been a while since school so I don't remember what they are all called, but I think its similie, repetitive use of words (is that refrain, or is that only if you say exactly the same thing over again?) and the use of commen phrases (slightly twisted) and irony.

Three things I found stuck out. the comparison to a back widow,
forman condeming crimes, and as open minded as a beartrap. I also find it interesting that all three of those lines contain curse words, meaning that you possibly feel the strongest about those parts. and that is what I noticed.
good luck and good night.

s.J. said...

thanks.
don't know the exact names for all literary devices either, but know what you mean.

about the swearing, i'm not gonna tell you that there's no swearing in my poem, but the word 'hell' isn't among them.
(there's a difference between 'what the hell' and 'a demon from hell' it's all how you use the word)

p.s.-not bad. you were right on two out of three accounts.

Rivky said...

actually I knew that wasn't a swear word. reading it over I see that is part of the black widow concept anyway.
anyway I don't even want to know if I'm right about what it means, other than the obvious that people very close to you hurt and betrayed you and soon you ain't takin it no more.

I would also guess that the flat stuff at the begining is how you planned to start the poem, and the rest of it wrote itself. guess is based on the fact that its not as intense as the rest.

and now my poetry analysis shall end before I get snared in a web.

Scraps said...

Welcome back on the scene, although it seems not to be a very happy return. :( I'm not going to begin to try to analyze what's going through your head, but you know how to reach me if you need to vent. (At least I think you do--and feel free.)

s.J. said...

i'm in good hands, but thanx all the same.

the sabra said...

if i say i enjoyed it, does that mean i am apathetic to ur hurt?

doodlehead said...

R u gonna start posting again? we missed u in the blogworld.

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Hey just saw this hi! Keep in touch tell me what's up.

NaG said...

interesting....