Tuesday, December 13, 2005

just one thing i'll keep (?)

i've given you all that i've had

'cept...

bent over backwards
and shattered my spine
opened the locks to the
all that is mine

but...

gave my eye teeth for you
severed my feet for you
gave you the skin off my nose

yet...

still i remain
in your debt

though...

i have a pretty gift
of boxes in paper
that's wrapped up with ribbon
that hold my insides

oh...

from thyroid to spleen
and all that's between
are folded in folds
of the finest fine linen

no...

still beating i've torn
my own heart out
i broke through
the bones and the muscle
with no qualms
or regret

and...

now i stand broken
with only one token
of life i have given
and still you are driven
to enter the vaults
of the keep
of my head
just this i deny you
just this i defy you
for what is a man with no mind?
not more than fake horse's behind.

1 comment:

;iulu said...

ah, equestrian ass.
nice.


though your point is 1,000% correct (not that you needed s/o to tell you that)..abcxyz