Tuesday, December 13, 2005

poem (-rough. tell me how to fix it)

dear friends,
i know this seems to be the end
yet, it isn't
i'm just turning 'round the bend
as you too shall
later than sooner
-i hope (if you hope)-

has it been an eventful life?
certainly,
however, joy always has it's price
to pay
for it is very precious
in the average eye
-but why?-

and so, i leave you
and so, i leave you all i own
although,
i do not leave you
cash or cars or collateral
of any kind
[but rather]
bills and bile and broken hearts
i leave you as well,
a piece of me
to stay behind
and kindle and dwell
in each of you

the earth may swallow me whole
(and alive? who can say?)
it might be dark and cold
[still i show no fear]
my body return to dust
(or my maker)
-or possibly both?-
and i laugh, haha ha
for a laugh hides all sorrow
[like a clown]
yes, i'm to be one with the ground
please, do not weep
for we shall meet again
this is not
[by any means]
goodbye.

No comments: