Wednesday, December 28, 2005

holocaust- enough


i too
am of survivor of a holocaust

surrounded by pictures
and lectures and books

the swastika
is modified
now shaped
like a star of david

stop torturing me
ghosts of the past
stop killing me
in a landfill of the past

you test my emotions
with your bombardment

of the disquieting past

do you wish for me to laugh?

i will not allow my self to join
your ghetto in the desert
where the only walls
are those that you have built up on your own

call me a disbeliever
you are wrong again
i simply don't want numbers tattooed on my arm
-------------------------------------
i know this is going to offend somebody.
that wasn't my intent.
i'm just find it overwhelming to live as a jew today,
while being injected 24/7
with holocaust paraphernalia.
in time, even bitter herbs lose their sting.

6 comments:

Rivky said...

nice blog, nice to see its up. read most of this stuff already, but some is new, and besides theres pictures here. g'luck

Chai18 said...

so we should just forget it right?

s.J. said...

no. just don't force it down my throat.

Anonymous said...

"...dont want numbers tattoed on my brain" would sound better.

s.J. said...

i suppose so, but for now it remains status quo

Rivky said...

maybe I get to see an update?