Monday, March 20, 2006

mood of the day-face of the night


time has feeling.

think about it.

how come some days stimulate an obnoxious cheeriness, while others are sort of casual dress day mellow?
some nights glow with an aura of peace, while others ooze with despair and sorrow?

why is the feeling of the sun always offensive, while the moon always defensive?
is light extroverted? dark introverted?
why doesn't dusk ever smile with the same intensity as dawn?
is it impossible for the morn to cry as bitterly as the eve?

is the sun really masculine and moon feminine?

can somebody please answer me?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

the answer to all your questions my son, involves hick wedding songs, think about that before dismissing its truth. I have spoken.

Scraps said...

You know how it goes--light is always considered "good", cheerful, happy, whatever. Dark is associated with "bad"--depression, evil, despair. Who made these rules? Beats me. But one can't deny that it is easier to be pleasant when it is light--perhaps sometimes overpleasant, as you rightly noted. The wee hours of the morning, when the darkness is at its most intense, are those that are most conducive to introspection, examination, contemplation. For some, when they contemplate and dislike what they find, this can lead to the depression and despair that are oft associated with the dark.

s.J. said...

but it's possible to have a 'great night'.
and it's possible to have a 'grouchy day'.
and bad days are still more intense than bad nights.

is it that everything is quieter after the sun goes down?

;iulu said...

quieter?? your voices sleep at night?

Scraps said...

My bad nights are ever so much worse than my bad days. Bad days are bad, but bad nights can tear my soul into little pieces and make me want to die.

My voices do not sleep at night.

;iulu said...

you forget to state if you choke on the pieces or not.

s.J. said...

flor- something to do with their union party...
scraps- my point exactly. the day is always bright [no pun intended] will the moon sort of basks in it's shadow [again no pun intended]
the sun pulls on your extroverted side more tan your introverted. and visa versa with the moon.

Scraps said...

Ah. Heivanti. I think.

s.J. said...

what?

Scraps said...

I think that I understand what you're saying.

s.J. said...

wow. finally.
someone